Persona will save the world*
* For some value of world
Non web developers can go back to sleep
Authentication is hard
Mozilla are nice guys
They solved the problem for us
Persona is good for you.
Good for privacy paranoids
OpenID or OAuth
Warning, technical details ahoy.
- Email provider gives you (your browser) a certificate
- You use it to sign an identity assertion
- You give the assertion to the website
- Provider doesn't know were you went
Good for security paranoids
No password, no problems !
Good for user experience
Log in with your email, without password !
Good for the pessimistic people
"But nobody implements it"
- Fallback provider
- Fallback implementation
- Fallback assertion checking service
Good for lazy people (like me)
- Add login view that check the assertion
For lazy python people
|Left, Down, Page Down||Next slide|
|Right, Up, Page Up||Previous slide|
|P||Open presenter console|
|H||Toggle this help|